OMMA eye Institute is a major diagnostic and surgical Eye clinic in Athens Greece.
It was created in 1990 as a referral eye care center, serving the needs of a large number of ophthalmologists in the Athens area, but it has now beenestablished as a major high standard Eye Day-Clinic.
OMMA is owned and served by a group of 100 well established Ophthalmologists, all of them dedicated experts to specific areas of ophthalmology.
In its new 2000 sqm facilities, just a breath away from the Athen’scenter , it currently handles more than 20000 cases per year. Almost one third of these are primary care cases and the rest are secondary care cases referred by over 500 associated ophthalmologistsfrom all over Greece.
The basis of OMMA’ successful story is a combination of eye care expertise and application of cutting-edge technology equipments.
Specialized Departments of eye care in OMMA include:
• Primary eye care Department
• Corneal/Refractive Department
• Corneal/cataract Department
• Glaucoma Department
• Fundus and MaculaDepartment
• Diabetic Retinopathy Department
• Strabismus and Pediatric Ophthalmology Department
• Orbit and Reconstructive eye surgery Department
• Low Vision Aids Department
• Eye Ultrasound Department
• Refractive Department
• Electrophysiology Department
• Genetics Department
All Departments are manned by leading specialists Ophthalmologists andspecially trained ophthalmic nursing staff and equipped with cutting edgetechnology equipments like :
• Corneal/Refractive Department: Pentacam, standard. Topo, Endothelial count, UltrasountPachymetry, Contrast sensitivity, Spectralis OCT- Ant Segment
• Glaucoma Department: Octopus Automated perimeters, HRT1, HRT3, Spectralis OCT, Optic Disc Photography, YAG, ALT, Diode and SLT Lasers.
• Fundus/Macula Department: Spectralis HRA/OCT Fluorescein, Indocynine X2, Angio -OCT, Dri triton 3D-Angio OCT, Photodynamic treatment Operating room for anti-VEGF infusions
• Electro Physiology Department: Standard ER, Multifocal ERG, EOG, VEP.
• Ultrasound Department: EllexEyeCude Ultrasound, Paradigm P40 UBM multistation for And ant Post SegmUltrasoun.
• Laser Department: Nidek Green, PASCAL, Ellex, SLT, Nidek YAG.
• Surgical ONE DAY-CLINIC Department : 4 operating rooms, fully equipped with 3 Zeiss and 1 Luxor operating Microscopes, 2 Infinity and 2 Centurion Phaco systems, 2 stellaris, 2 constellations system.
• Refractive Surgical Department: 2 operating rooms, fully equipped with schwind Amaris 750s, wavelightexcimer laser, Avedro- corneal cross- linking, FEMTO LDV Z4
OMMA’s chirurgical equipmentarmamentumincludes 4 fully equipped operating rooms with 1 Luxor and 3 Zeiss surgical microscopes, 2 infinity, 2 centurion phaco, 2 stellaris and 2 constellation.
ATHENS REFRACTIVE LASER CENTER
In the 2012 the biggest cooperation in the greek ophthalmology field had occurred : OMMA was collocated with the Athens refractive Laser center contributing jointly to the optimal response in the field of the refractive surgery.
Since the 1997 the Athens refractive Laser center offers pioneer services to both doctors and patients in the treatment of refractive errors and corneal diseases.
Our technical equipment and specialized personnel subserve with ultimate professionalism the exceeding number of 200 ophthalmologists and their patients